Thursday, October 9, 2014

Where she went

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Where She Went by Gayle Forman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

****SPOILERS******
When I got to the end of 'If I Stay' I was sorta disappointed. It didn't feel like a real ending to me. I mean, I wanted Mia to wake up & say some words of what happened. It just sort of blank screened...

& then I was excited to hear there was another book. OK - I get to know what happened afterwards
... only to find that her & Adam have broken up! WHAT? This is the guy who was devastated to loose the love of his life in the previous book & we see he's a big time rock star & living with some other big name star?

I wasn't happy going into this book. Seeing how sad Adam was & how he was thrown to the curb for Mia's cello career.

So on a total run in, Adam sees Mia is in town & watches her perform & their encounter to see each other in years happens. As they talk about the past few years & eventually discuss how life has really touched them, that's when I started liking the book.

It did take me awhile to get into it.
I actually skipped ahead a few chapters because it was just making me mad... but then as I was reading, I noticed I missed something & ended up going back & reading everything I missed. & was glad I did.

Now, at the end of it all, I can put this book down happily...enjoying the full circle story of Mia & Adam...

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

i haven't heard of this book before, but thank you for sharing your honest review of it! :)