Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Where'd You Go Bernadette

Where'd You Go, BernadetteWhere'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely adored this book.
I want to meet Bernadette - a quirky woman who marches to the beat of her own drum.
Who is married to a genius of a man, while she is a talent in her own right & they have an amazing smart daughter together, Bee.
The telling of the story of Bernadette took me a little bit to figure out who was speaking as it would jump from person to person or letter to letter but once I got in the groove of it, I couldn't get enough.
It was all so interesting how misunderstandings & personal relationships all came back to play in the present.
I so didn't want this book to end... I wanted to know exactly where Bernadette ended up... along with Bee ... & what the future held for this family.
This book got a lot of attention - now I see why. I wish I had jumped into it sooner.
Now, where are my big sunglasses, scarf & fishers vest?

View all my reviews

No comments: