Friday, December 18, 2015

Library of Souls

Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3)Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The final book of the series.

I was so excited about it especially after loving book #2 so much.

... & in usual fashion, I like book #1, LOVE book #2... & book #3? ... meh...

This closed up the series on the Peculiar Children, who at the end of the book #2 were kidnapped, as well as Miss Peregrine herself & the other ymbrynes (I know - talk you wont get unless you read the book) ... & so Jacob & Emma are pretty much on their own, as well as a talking dog, Addison, & who they meet along the way, to get their friends back, rescue all the ymbrynes & get to a loop where everyone will be safe.

It was definitely action packed - a LOT happening.. & that may have been what didn't strike me so much. It just seemed like a lot of action was happening for things that didn't really need to happen. Felt like a lot of space filler. I also didn't like we didn't have the whole gang for more then half of the book. I like them working together, using all of their Peculiar powers together...

I think I may have even skipped a chapter or two to hurry it up - BUTTTTTT - towards the end, I did really enjoy the way they wrapped it up - even though it did feel a little rushed after 300 pages of leading up to it (again, filler?) ...

& really, I liked the way the book came to conclusion, so thats why I ended up giving it 3 stars... & in all honestly, I can see another book or series coming from this later or maybe even Jacob's children? grandchildren? ... that'd be fun to pick it up again in another story line.

Until then... it was nice to meet all the Peculiar children & Miss Peregrine.

View all my reviews

No comments: