Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Sun is Also a Star

The Sun Is Also a StarThe Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You'd think I didnt like this book as long as it took me to get through it. You'd be wrong. I blame the holidays keeping me busy - because once I was able to sit down & finish this book out, I loved it.
To know that I didnt give up on this book during the busy season also shows that I liked it.
I wasn't sure I was going to like how this book ended, but the epilogue saved it for me.
I did love this book though because it shows how one life touches another, in ways we dont even know are possible. How they can change other people's destinys.
I love the characters of Natasha & Daniel. People from 2 totally different worlds, but feel like fate had brought them together one day in NY for different reasons.
It just all reminded me of the movie, Serendipity ... fate will find a way.


View all my reviews

______________________________

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

No comments: