Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't believe I've never read this book. I dont remembering it being any required reading in school. Seeing the previews of the movie made me really want to pick it up because I'm a sucker for reading a book before I see the movie.
What a delightful little book. With such a deep story behind it.
I love the three Mrs. W's & while I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi books, I really enjoyed the purpose of this one. It was really chilling to read about IT & the world that is 'perfect' because all thought or difference is removed. How horrifying some fiction can resemble the true world sometimes.
While the character of Meg irked me a little - I get it was for a younger audience that could relate to her. & I truly appreciated the story holding a lot of spiritual purpose & wording & reference to God.
The one thing I really didnt care for was the ending felt really rushed. I wished it gave a little more what happened to IT & how they returned to earth. Maybe that's what other books in the series are for.
Glad I read it & have that classic in my brain now.

View all my reviews

Meg Murry and her friends become involved with unearthly strangers and a search for Meg's father, who has disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government.

No comments: