Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Catching Fire


Book:  Catching Fire
Author:  Suzanne Collins

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games.  She & fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even.  After all, she has returned to her family & her longtime friend, Gale.  Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be.  Gale holds her at an icy distance.  Peeta has turned his back on her completely.  And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capital - a rebellion that Katniss & Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueld an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop.  And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try.  As time draws near for Katniss & Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Vicotry Tour, the stakes are higher then ever.  If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for one another, the consequences will be horrifying.
_________________

First Line:  I clasp the flash between my hands even though the warmed from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.

I have never been so into a series of books since Twilight.

We are back with Katniss as her & Peeta go back to the life of Victors... only to find out nothing can ever be the same.  Between the relationship between the two of them - the relationship between her & Gale...their lives in general

I dont want to say too much because the summary doesnt give away the heart of the book - which really made me gasp... & say things like "WHAT?" - "How can that happen?" - "That's not fair!" ... like its a real story ... that's how much I've gotten into this book!

(I swear, if I didnt have Mockingjay to go right into, I'd be in hysterics!!!)

What can I say without given too much away .... Katniss is still a fighter - someone who loves her family & is torn between two loves.  I do think we see more vulnerability from her this time.  Peeta, this book, is still the most amazing person with words - still so in love with Katniss. 

I particurly loved Cinna this book...gotta love a designer with an attitude!!!

This book truly leaves you hanging for the next book... so you can bet I'll be starting Mockingbird in just a few hours.  I've got to take a breath before I dive right back in.... On a good 90% of the end of each chapter, I had to cover my mouth while I gasped... yes, it was that good & surprising...

I have to say, I'm afraid to go into the final book...afraid to see how it all ends... because one thing I've learn about these books - they're not afraid of surprises... & death...

My Rating:  5 skeins... exciting, drawn me completely in, I honestly couldnt stop reading...
___________

SPOILER:  LAST LINE....(Dont read if you dont want to see the final line... gives away part of the story)
.
.
.
.
"Katness, there is no District Twelve."

No comments: