Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gone Girl

Gone GirlGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nick & Amy Dunne ... a couple that seems like they should have it all. Amy is the child that has a whole series of books written about her. Nick was a writer who was working in New York when writing was old school & before everything web related. A young couple - what could go wrong? Everything changes when Amy is missing one day.

I wanted to read this book before it came out in the movie & I know I'm a little late to this party, but I'm glad I finally got to get this book in.

Its hard to review without giving a lot of the twists & turns of this book. It is a mystery, that's for sure.

The book goes back & forth between Nick & Amy - hearing different sides of the story... the things they both have hidden from each other.

I will say, I did enjoy the book in the sense that I wasn't sure what was going to happen & where it was going to go.
I didn't like the extreme language used ... that's just me...
& I'm still a little torn on the ending. Again, don't want to give anything away. In a situation with a missing woman, or whatever situation this is, I'm not sure there CAN be a perfect ending... or could there?

I will say, I'm now totally waiting to see how they make the movie.

View all my reviews

No comments: