Monday, March 16, 2015

The Unveiled Wife

The Unveiled Wife: Embracing Intimacy with God and Your HusbandThe Unveiled Wife: Embracing Intimacy with God and Your Husband by Jennifer Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I just love getting emails every morning with prayers about how to be a better wife.

So when I was able to get the book to see what the whole story was, I was excited. I love Jennifer Smith's heart for marriage & the struggles that just come with it only because we're humans.

I ended up reading this book in one day. It's such a easy read with really insightful questions that would make this a good book for a women's Bible Study group.

The book wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be, but I still enjoyed it. It told the story of Jennifer & her husband Aaron, the relationship starting young, two people who had expectations of what their spouses should be & keeping God focused in it all.

As everything, marriage isn't everything you THINK its going to be. I so appreciate Jennifer talking about that. We have expectations of what marriage should be, the happily ever after, & we get frustrated when its not what we feel like we deserve.

The book was mainly the issues that Jennifer & her husband experienced as they became married & ventured into those first years of marriage. The book is basically about their story, & not until the end does it seem like its more of a marriage help book for every one else, which is more of what I was expecting. I'm not saying that's a fault. It's just different from what I was going in thinking it was. & I always love to read about someone's journey & especially someone's triumph in their journey.

I still am looking forward to the ministry that Jennifer has in her life & will still open my email every morning anxious to pray along with thousands of woman who are covering their marriage in prayer.

View all my reviews

No comments: