Friday, April 17, 2015

Yeah, Maybe

Yeah, maybeYeah, maybe by Joey Hodges
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So the power of blogs... I saw this book popping up everywhere a few weeks back.

Joey Hodges is a blogger who has a pretty decent following so people were really promoting her book. Plus it was on a Amazon Kindle special so I decided to give it a go.

The story takes you back to high school & the relationship between 2 best friends. 2 completely different young ladies starting their freshman year together. And while they have been best friends their whole lives, they never went to the same school. Would their friendship last in a different environment?

It's really a easy read bringing back high school memories of drama, of the popular gang & the way they can influence those around them, the dirty way that teenage girls can act, the first love butterflies & meeting the cute boy in school who likes you as well, the emotions of it all & the way it can tear friendships apart.

This book had a little twist when it came to the relationships Annie had with her parents, which wasn't something I saw coming expectantly, & sort of just felt odd to me in the story, but whatever.

I loved that we did see Annie become a stronger person throughout the book though. I did cheer for her through her whole freshman year.

So yeah, I did enjoy the book. Is it the best read of all time? Maybe not, but it was fun to take the journey back to high school for a few hours.

View all my reviews

No comments: