Tuesday, April 7, 2015

You'll Get Through This

You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent TimesYou'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times by Max Lucado
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Something about Max Lucado books that just speak to me. So easy to understand- so full of real life lessons - full of Biblical truth. I just enjoy every one of his books.

I don't even know what made me pick up this book. I don't really have a "tough time" happening right now, but I guess the saying always goes - you're either in a tough time, coming out of a tough time or getting to go into a tough time - well, that came to mind. So I know I may not be in a tough time now, but I know one lies ahead. It always will.

& this book was just good for tough times of normal every day life. Small frustrations. I'm aggravated at my job & there was even a little part that spoke right to my heart about that situation.

The book is centered around the story of Joseph & his story of being betrayed by his brothers, left behind, rejected. The people he ran into during his life, the people who promised him things but soon forgot him, the woman who framed him while he kept his morals & values, the position that God led him into to ultimately save so many in a nation, including his brothers that ultimately left him behind for harm. God works in all things. God can bring good. You are Joseph in your generation.

I really can't say enough good about this book. I'm thankful I picked it up.

View all my reviews

No comments: