Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Last Time we Say Goodbye

The Last Time We Say GoodbyeThe Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Whew... this was a heart tugger.
The story of a girl whose brother committed suicide.
We go through Lex's year at school & in her life, going through counseling as she's encouraged to write in a journal about how she is feeling & the memories she has of her brother.
We see how her brother - Tyler - & his decision to end his life effects everyone - from his parents, to his girlfriend he just broke up with & his 3 Amigo friends & how Lex struggles to find peace in it all when she promises him she'd always be there for him.
It really is a heavy read where it left me in tears at some points with its forwardness. But I appreciated it.
I imagined that this is very much what I could see someone that lost someone to suicide would go through.... & in the closing, we see the author did indeed loose a brother to suicide.
I think this one will sit with me for awhile.

View all my reviews

No comments: