Friday, April 29, 2016

After You

After You (Me Before You, #2)After You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure what to think when I heard there was a follow up of Me Before You.
After all, I didn't want a world without Will Traynor.

So we see where Louisa is after Will is gone - where life has taken her - if her life has turned into the adventure Will wanted for her.
& we see it definitely hasn't.

Louisa is still stuck in life & working in a bar in an airport. She starts a counseling group & then meets a young teen who changes everything in her life, as well as a motorcycle ambulance worker, Sam.

It was nice to be back with Louisa - who always feels like her life is a little out of control. & while I didn't mind the story, it was a little stretched for me in parts.
& personally, Louisa's family got on my nerves the first book so to have them be such a big part of this 2nd book, it is what made me give it 3 stars.
I did love seeing the progress Louisa was making in moving on in life & the ending is not what I expected - all in all, I didn't mind the book at all. & totally see us coming back to Louisa again in the future for another book. (Can we just keep her griping sister & odd parts out of it please?)

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Nice post thanks for shaaring