Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Everything, Everything

Everything, EverythingEverything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I devoured this one.
Such a fast read. Had me totally gasping in parts, sighing in others & cheering on Madeline as she decides she is willing to give up EVERYTHING to live life.
Madeline is a 'bubble girl' - someone with a compromised immune system that has to stay confined in her home. & then one day, she sees her new neighbors move in, espcially Olly, the boy who can't stand still & is jumping off of things & full of energy & life.
With the help of her nurse, Carla, Madeline gets to meet Olly & their relationship takes off from there.
I loved how fast this book went from chapter to chapter... & it has little drawings & clips from emails & computer screens & texts from phones scattered throughout. Gave the book such personality.
I honestly couldn't put this down till I got to the end. I even lost track of time at work during lunch reading & got back 15 minutes late... I got that lost in it.
I'm glad I finally got a book I really enjoyed after the last few that left me just depressed & frustrated.

View all my reviews

_____________________________

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

No comments: