Monday, August 18, 2014

If I stay

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So I saw the commercials for the movie & immediately saw it was a book & knew I had to read it.
The story of a young lady, Mia, who is in an accident with her family. She is standing on the side of the road seeing everything that happened, even her own body. She watches as everything goes on around her, as people she loves comes & talks to her, as nurses whisper encouragement in her ears, as her boyfriend Adam does what he can to get in & see her. During the whole book, we get glimpses of Mia's life & her relationship with her parents who seem like the coolest parents ever, her brother Teddy & how her relationship with Adam developed. We also see the talent Mia has & her dreams of going to Julliard & the decisions she would have to make to leave the people she loves behind to pursue her dream. But then, the accident... everything changes. And Mia knows she has the choice to make. To leave & just let her body die.. or to come back to her body & deal with the suffering & pain.

I really did enjoy the book. It was a good, fast, easy read. I was involved in the story of Mia's life & all the stories she has with her parents & especially with Adam.

I really did get choked up as Mia realizes everything she has lost in this accident... & I laughed as we see the wonderful life Mia had with her family & friends... this book totally had me fully invested.

I will say, I was disappointed in the ending though. It felt sort of abrupt to me & didn't give me any sort of closure to it all. But when I see there is another book that follows, then I figure that's where I find my closure... or at least I hope so.

View all my reviews

No comments: