Thursday, March 31, 2016

Looking for Lovely

Looking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments that MatterLooking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments that Matter by Annie F. Downs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really like Annie Downs & her writing - loved Let's all be brave.
So when I heard she had another book coming out, I was excited about it.
After all, I always feel connected to these Nashville girls that I follow on Twitter or Instagram - its like, they go to places I visit when I'm there - we must be best friends :)
But I just love Annie mainly because of her honesty & the real way she looks at life.
This book is the exact same Annie I see everywhere in social media world.
How life is full of hard times, struggles, in all honesty - ugly.
But I love how she has found things that are 'lovely' - finding a different view of the world. Finding beauty in all things.
I so was connected to this book because I even did a blog post at the beginning of the year talking about how the word PERSEVERANCE was on my heart so deeply... well, I can't tell you how many times Annie used this word throughout the book. Probably in every chapter. & it was exactly what I felt like God has been trying to tell me. Life is all about NOT GIVING UP... sticking it out... PRESSING ON!
& Annie wraps this all up so beautifully with this book. Reminding us there are lovely things to see - that through the hard of life, not giving up & making it through.
Annie summed up her chapters with ideas on what to find lovely in life... I kept a post card in my book &wrote down each one ... & I'm excited to use it as a check list for the rest of the year... taking the time to purposely see some of the lovely things God gives to us.

View all my reviews

No comments: