Monday, April 11, 2016

Landline

LandlineLandline by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What would you do if you found an old phone that connected you to the person you loved ... from so many years ago.

Georgie chose to put her career above her husband, once again, at Christmas. He leaves to go to his family as planned & Georgie can't get in touch with him. Until she finds an old phone at her mom's house that reaches him... except its the Neal from when they were dating.

Georgie remembers the person he was then. Sees why she loved him. The person she decided to marry. But should she change things with this phone call & let him go, let him be happy in life?

I loved the idea of this story. Would you go back & change anything if you could.
But I felt like a lot of the story was misssed. & a lot of strange things added in. Like the story of Georgie's sister Heather... & a pug's pregnancy... & we miss out on the relationship Georgie has with her writing partner, Seth, that causes so much turmoil in her own marriage.
Something else trivial I couldnt stand... double parenthesis. (like this) (And this)... it was ALL OVER THE BOOK. It just drove me nuts for some reason. haha

I did enjoy the book. It wasn't the best. Definitely wasn't the worst.

View all my reviews

No comments: