Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Mistletoe Promise

The Mistletoe PromiseThe Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's everything cheesy that you would expect from a Holiday book, but I loved it. I always seem to like Richard Paul Evans.
This is the story of Elisa & Nicholas. Two people who were lonely during the holidays & Nicholas, being a lawyer, came up with a contract which they called The Mistletoe Promise, where they would accompany each other during the holidays to Thanksgiving & Christmas events.
It reminded me of something like Pretty Woman, minus the hooker thing :)
It was a sweet story really as Nicholas swept Elise off of her feet through the holidays & as they started developing real emotions for each other. But they were both hiding a secret & not sure how the other would feel once each of their secrets were revealed.
Of course, as I mentioned, with cheesy holidays books come cheesy parts. Enter the role of Elise's ex-husband, Dan, who just got on my nerves & whose character just didn't fit with the class of the other two.
The stupid ex-husband didn't falter me from wanting to know what happens to these two.
It really was a fun read for the Holidays.

View all my reviews

No comments: