Friday, February 27, 2015

What Good is God?

What Good Is God?: In Search of a Faith That MattersWhat Good Is God?: In Search of a Faith That Matters by Philip Yancey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've never read any of Philip Yancey's books but came across this one in the library.

It was an up & down read for me. It came to points where I was thoroughly interested, but then it would go to just streams of boredom to me. Some wonderful stories of faith that people have had in awful times, & then stories that seemed to not even connect & left me confused.

The book talks about some of the tragedies that has happened lately & how it causes people to question where God is in difficult situations & if God cares. While some of the stories talks about people holding onto faith & how good can be worked out of bad situations, I'm not sure the book ever gets around to the main point of what I thought the book was to be about.

I'll never say its not worth reading a book that can draw you closer to God.... I'm just not this was the best read, for me anyways.

View all my reviews

No comments: