Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lost & Found


Book:  Lost & Found
Author: Carolyn Parkhurst

What do a suburban mom and her troubled daughter, two recently divorced brothers, a pair of former child stars, born-again Christian newlyweds, and a couple of young millionaires have in common? They have all been selected to compete on Lost and Found, a daring new reality TV show. In teams of two, they will scour the globe - from Egypt to Japan, from Sweden to England - to battle for a million-dollar prize. They must decipher encrypted clues, recover mysterious artifacts, and outwit their opponents to stay in play.

What starts as a lark turns deadly serious as the number of players is whittled down, temptations beckon, and the bonds between partners strain and unravel. Before long the question is not only who will capture the final prize, but at what cost
___________________________
First Line:  "By the sixth leg of the game, we have accumulated the following objects:  a ski pole, a bishop from a crytal chess set, a sheet of rice paper, a trlobite fossil, an aviators helmet & a live parrot.

I love reality TV... & this book is right in there - with a race that is similar to "The Amazing Race" - teams of couples that have interesting stories travling around the world together, learning more about each other - the good & bad - & seeing who makes it to the end.

There are MANY characters here & I actually had to write them all down - in teams & who they were... & then they end up switching so I had to mark that as well... I think I would have been a little lost if I didnt have my "cheat sheet" (I'm such a nerd)

Each couple had interesting stories, but the relationship between Laura & Cassie is what holds it together - a mother/daughter duo that is trying to learn to continue life after a tramatic night that changed both of their lives (Dont want to give any spoilers away)... I also loved the relationship between Laura & her NEW partner, Carl.  That was a fun twist...

Each chapter is told from someone's view point... we even get the host of the show giving us a few chapters.

While I wasnt expecting some of the language & "adult content" - it was a fun book that held my interest & made me anxious to see how it was all going to end.

My Rating: 4 skeins

No comments: