Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Heaven is for Real

Book:  Heaven is for Real
Author:  Todd Burpo

This is the true story of Colton Burpo, the four-year old son of a small-town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven.

_________________

I've heard so much about the book.  It was marked down on Kindle so I thought I'd give it a go.

The bad part of it?  Most of the book, I've already heard.  I've seen a lot of interviews with this child & all the stories were recapped for the most part.  So it wasnt anything shocking or new... that was disappointing.

It was nice to think this was all true though.  ... I'm a little skeptical. My grandson is 4 & I'm not sure he could be as "articulate" as this young man... I dont know ANY 3 or 4 yr olds that are.  That makes me leery... especially he being a pastor's child?  It would be easy for him to pick up on some cues that he hears his parents say...

I WANT to believe everything he said was true though

So I just enjoyed the read - whether I believe its all 'true' or not... its still encouraging.

The part where the little girl who died who was an artist & drew Jesus - that part really struck me though... I've seen the picture of Jesus that the little girl drew everywhere but didnt realize THAT was the picture she drew... that was the most believable part to me.

My favorite part of the book?  When the man from the church was getting ready to pass away & this little boy went back & told him "The first person you'll see is Jesus"... that just gave me chills & made me cry... that's exactly what I WANT to happen when I die...

This is a quick easy read... so whether you believe it or not, its worth picking up.

My Rating:  4 skeins

No comments: