Friday, June 14, 2013

Bouquet Toss

Bouquet Toss (Love of My Life)Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Daphne has a 'curse' of catching the bouquet at all the weddings. Does that mean anything?
She starts to wonder when she runs into her college boyfriend at a friend's wedding.
When they reconnect, she wonders if he will hurt her like he did so many years ago.

Mayson always had a hold of Daphne's heart, even through the years. So when he sees her again all these years, he's excited to get another chance to try & make things right.

This book had me on a roller coaster. At first, it just sort of got on my nerves with the insecurity Daphne had about Mayson. It was almost too whiney & repetitive on how he hurt her & how she could never trust him again.

But about half way in the book, the story takes a twist I didn't expect. I'm not going to give it away, but it actually made me more interested in the story.

We are introduced to Tanner Finely, who was a groomsmen in a past wedding Daphne was in - & how they reconnect
We meet Evan, a guy she meets one night & soon becomes great friends with. Can people really believe that a guy & a girl can have a friendship with nothing more involved?

And Daphne would be lost without her best friend Elise & her cousin, Morgan, who help her through all the things that life is throwing at her.

I did actually enjoy the book more then I thought I would in the end.
There was one chapter towards the end that I just didn't think needed to be there which pushed me back to the beginning of taking the story back down... but then we got to the last 2 chapters... & I smiled through the end.

See - a roller coaster.

A fun, light, easy read... nothing more, nothing less

*^

View all my reviews

No comments: