Monday, November 10, 2014

Catcher, Caught

Catcher, CaughtCatcher, Caught by Sarah Honenberger
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So this book is supposed to be based off the book, The Catcher in the Rye. I've never read it, so I'm thinking i may have been missing out on a big part of this book. but i kept reading, learning the story of a teenager, Daniel, who has leukemia & his battle with his parents who are all about natural healing, & being forced to send their chils to school when they want to keep him home. also about the relationship he has witb his first love, Meredith & his brothers & a friend he sees traveling down the wrong road.

it was a coming of age book, twisted with knowing his life may not be long lived.

i just didnt feel this book. again, maybe because he talked a lot about his relationship with Holden & I'm lost in those areas. & mainly because when the end came, i felt cheated, like, this is it? I felt short changed after everything i watched Daniel go through. Not my favorite book.

View all my reviews

No comments: