Thursday, December 3, 2015

Before I Fall

Before I FallBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked it, but I didn't want to like it...

I mean the story is about a girl who dies but she relives a day over & over again - almost like a Groundhog Day for a teenage girl & all the drama that carries with it... but I was just hoping the ending would be different.

& I actually wasn't sure what the ending was going to be. I couldn't wait to see what happened every time Sam woke up to start the day all over again. Spending it with her friends, Lindsay, Elody & Ally. & her boyfriend Rob... & Kent, the boy she's known since childhood who always is kind to her even when she shoves him off. & Juliet - the girl her & her friends would pick on & call names & send a rose to every Cupid's Day to humiliate her. How Sam handled every day differently every time - going through all the motions of anger, not carrying, living it up, to finally learning how to get things right, how to find peace in her world. But every time a chapter would end, I would hold my breath at what would happen next.

Yep - didn't like the end ... at first... but I guess it makes sense. I had to sit in it for awhile. & I found I really did like the book.

Its kind of deep if you think about it all.

& I just found out that its actually going to be a movie in 2016 so I'm glad I read this before I saw the movie trailer which would make me want to read it even more.

I definitely will have this book stuck with me for awhile...

View all my reviews

No comments: