Friday, July 15, 2016

Before I Go To Sleep

Before I Go to SleepBefore I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is like that cute movie with Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler where she forgets everything when she sleeps & wakes up....
except this one is a 90 degree turn of that ... terrifying & mysterious. Nothing cute & funny about this book.

Christine has to keep a journal every night to know what secrets she finds out about her life so she can piece them together every day & find out what happened to her & how she got to this place in life where she has no memory of anything she's gone through.

Like most mysteries, I trusted no one in this book, which made it fun to read. I couldn't wait to get to the end for answers. It was very intense but I enjoyed the whole ride of it.

The good: Love the mystery. Loved the idea of the story of her having to write down her discoveries every day & having to try & piece her life back together.
The bad: I hated the last second was like one long chapter - it was hard to always know when to stop. I also wish I knew more about the other characters. Especially Dr. Nash who is a main character. Like, how did he come upon Christine. I just wish there was more about their relationship. Also, one part of the ending, I didn't care for. Sort of a cop out to me.

I had no idea it was already a movie with Nicole Kidman but I'm totally going to have to hunt it down now & watch it, even knowing the ending. I'm anxious to see how true to the book they stay. I can totally envision this being a movie though, or actually a real life thing - I could totally imaging hearing of this sort of crazy thing - at least in the Enquirer. ;)


View all my reviews

No comments: