Friday, September 30, 2016

The A to Z of You & Me

The A to Z of You and MeThe A to Z of You and Me by James Hannah
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Man... I guess I should have expected a sad book when it starts off knowing that Ivo is in a hospice care unit, but whew. I'm so depressed.
So many times I just stopped reading, but then I had to know what happened to Ivo's girlfriend Mia. The book jumps back & forth in time so much, sometimes you have to start reading again to figure out where you are at.
I didn't HATE the book, but it was a struggle. Maybe because the emotional weight?
& I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. I mean, on one side, you KNOW how its going to end - hello, Hospice reference - but I just felt like while there was a 'closure' in one part, I felt like it was too simple or too rushed. Like how did Mal get in the room when half the book was about making sure he didn't? & where was Sheila - his nurse who meant so much in the whole book - in the end?
All I know is I need something light to read next.

View all my reviews

___________________________________

He has all kinds of everyday joy in his life -- he's young, he's in love, he has friends who promise to stand by him if life ever goes wrong.

Then one day, life does go wrong.

He makes a mistake, and it's big and unforgiveable. Now time is running out, and his life is falling apart. But he's going to put it back together again. His own way.

This is a story about how far love must stretch to gather a life in pieces -- and about how a strong friendship never dies

No comments: