Friday, June 15, 2018

100 days of real food

100 Days of Real Food: How We Did It, What We Learned, and 100 Easy, Wholesome Recipes Your Family Will Love100 Days of Real Food: How We Did It, What We Learned, and 100 Easy, Wholesome Recipes Your Family Will Love by Lisa Leake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this is on sale right now for kindle for $1.99 & I do recommend it for that price.
It is full of helpful hints & some insight on why this family decided to give up all processed foods & go for REAL foods & how it changed their thinking on nutrition & how it effected their health.
I do enjoy the tips & tricks in this book & the recipes are totally ones that I will be checking out (all the meat-free ones, that is) - saying that - this is NOT a vegan or vegetarian book. It's a book about eating real food so if you are a meat eater, you will still enjoy this book.
I especially for the weekly challenges to help you ease into this thinking. 12 weeks with a different challenge that when broken down, doesnt seem so unobtainable. I'm going to be starting with week 1 soon.
On the down side for me - which may be an upside for many - a lot of this book is dedicated to making changes for kids. How to incorporate this thinking for children & how to involve them in the process. I'm sure most moms would appreciate this big part of the book - for me, it just was something I skimmed.
But y'all - for $1.99 - get it right now just for some of the great recipes & the tips & tricks!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: