Monday, July 9, 2018

Love Does

Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary WorldLove Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World by Bob Goff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know I am so late to the game on reading this - but so glad I finally picked it up - & devoured it. Read it in less than 2 days. Would have been 1 if I didnt have to go out Saturday night.
It's just full of encouragement & motivation to start looking at the world through different eyes. I told a friend that each chapter in itself could be a lesson to just sit & ponder over - but I just had to keep reading because it was just so good. Not too heavy where you can't understand the point of each chapter, but enough to hit you in your spirit where you end each chapter with a big sigh of content. I totally can't wait long now before I get his new book.

View all my reviews

As a college student he spent 16 days in the Pacific Ocean with five guys and a crate of canned meat. As a father he took his kids on a world tour to eat ice cream with heads of state. He made friends in Uganda, and they liked him so much he became the Ugandan consul. He pursued his wife for three years before she agreed to date him. His grades weren't good enough to get into law school, so he sat on a bench outside the Dean's office for seven days until they finally let him enroll.

Bob Goff has become something of a legend, and his friends consider him the world's best-kept secret. Those same friends have long insisted he write a book. What follows are paradigm shifts, musings, and stories from one of the world's most delightfully engaging and winsome people. What fuels his impact? Love. But it's not the kind of love that stops at thoughts and feelings. Bob's love takes action. Bob believes Love Does.

When Love Does, life gets interesting. Each day turns into a hilarious, whimsical, meaningful chance that makes faith simple and real. Each chapter is a story that forms a book, a life. And this is one life you don't want to miss.

Light and fun, unique and profound, the lessons drawn from Bob's life and attitude just might inspire you to be secretly incredible, too.
 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've honestly never heard of this book, but it sounds fabulous! I love books that offer wisdom and insight that you might not have otherwise read/found. Thank you SO much for sharing!

petrii said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
Have you read "Everybody Always"? Seriously, Bob and Maria Goff have lived the most selfless, interesting, God breathed lives! I recently bought Maria's book. Now I need to read it.

I do realize I am sitting at a coffee shop stalking your book blog because girl, I have read TWO books already this year. Can you believe it!! SO Excited to keep going. So where do I go for new book recommendations? Yep my Kentucky girl <3

Love you my friend,
dawn