Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mondays with my Old Pastor

Mondays with My Old Pastor: Sometimes, All We Need Is a Reminder from Someone Who Has Walked Before UsMondays with My Old Pastor: Sometimes, All We Need Is a Reminder from Someone Who Has Walked Before Us by Jose Luis Navajo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cant say enough good things about this book.

Its the story of a pastor that was feeling 'burned out' & was seeking some wisdom. He turns to his old pastor & they start meeting on Mondays. His pastor shares with him Principles of ministry that apply to life... all centered around Jesus & living in the shadow of the cross.

I wanted to inhale this book - but wanted to also take it slow so I could really disgest everything that was shared. I sat with my highlighter & pen & marked up this book the whole way through.

I think this book needs to be ready by everyone - but if you work in or volunteer in ministry, I think its a MUST READ. I already suggested it to the staff at my church. Its just full of encouragement when rough times hit in ministry.

I also love that this pastor tells 'stories' in every principle - I know I will be using some of these in messages that I give myself in the future.

The focus always though is Jesus... His mercy & grace... & that cross... always coming back to the cross.

I loved "Tuesdays with Morrie" & this is similar in the story of 2 men meeting... these conversations though? So much more profound - to me...I will keep this book near through the years.
I will also keep these thoughts in my heart... a new way to look at life & how to life for Jesus.

View all my reviews

No comments: