Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wizard of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1)The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I feel bad not giving it a better rating... forgive me mom...
but it was good - not great...
kinda scary...
isnt this supposed to be a kid's book?
But it talks about the Tinman chopping off heads of animals...some other scenes that I think would give a kid nightmares if read before bed.
& its NOTHING like the movie... I never remembered the Scarecrow being left on a pole in the middle of a river... & I never remembered the Queen of the Mice & the thousands of mice moving the Lion.
So much is different... but the familiar is still there...
I zoomed through the book, thinking I knew the story, but didnt...
I'm glad I read it though... good to see both sides.
You cant ask me though which I think is better, the book or the movie on this one.

View all my reviews

No comments: