Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dorothy Must Die

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My mom is more then obsessed with Wizard of Oz, so I grew up with Dorothy, & her friends being part of our family.

So the front of this book grabbed my attention. I had to read it & went into a little leery. Little did I know I wouldn't be able to put this book down.

This is the story of Amy - a young girl in Kansas who is considered 'trash' in her school & has an mother who doesn't even care for her. She's all alone when her trailer gets caught up in a tornado & she's wisked away to Oz... a place she knows, but didn't know it was real... until now.

But this Oz doesn't look like the Oz she grew up on. This Oz is scary & dark & full of evil.

Amy finds out that Dorothy has returned from Kansas & she has taken over. Power has gotten to Dorothy & she wants more & more of it. Glinda has turned against the munchkins causing them to be slaves. The 3 friends, The scarecrow, tinman & lion? They've all mutated into creatures that are evil & cruel, & don't think twice on harming other creatures in Oz.

When Amy is captured & taken to the Emerald City, things aren't looking good for her. But next thing she knows, she has a choice if she wants to join the Wicked Alliance & join a group of Wicked Witches.

But is Oz what it seems? Can wicked be good & good be wicked? & can Amy do that job that she's pressed to do? To kill Dorothy?

This book is not for the faint of heart. It has language, it has violence, it is shocking in what happens to the characters... but its a good story. It makes you wonder if there was a happily ever after.

It's a long book but I wanted more....

& more I'll get... I just have to wait.

This is going to be a series & I'll have to wait till the next book. DANG IT!!!

I had read that this was in talks of being a TV series on the CW... I could TOTALLY see it. & it'd be wonderful.

I think if you liked The Hunger Games & if you like the Wizard of Oz - you'd enjoy this book.

Let me know if you read it - I'm dying to talk to someone about it!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: