Thursday, May 19, 2016

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So I had a weird relationship with this book.
I started off thinking this was going to be TOO YA for me & I wasn't going to be able to tolerate it, & then somewhere in the middle of the story, I got totally wrapped up in it & could remember all the feelings of teenage love drama & I was anxious to see how this was all going to end with Lara Jean... & then got equally as mad about the ending.
Side Note: I get an open ending in a way to close a book - let your imagination kind of fill in the blanks. But when you don't even really get a path in my mind on how it could end? I was a little frustrated with the ending... & am glad that the 2nd book is already out so I can get on that waiting list at the library & continue with the story of Lara Jean & Peter.

The story revolves around a girl who would write letters as her way of saying 'good bye' to the boys she had feelings for. A way of letting go & moving on. & one day, these letters get sent to the boys & Lara Jean is now trying to figure out what to do when the boy she really does like, her sisters ex-boyfriend, gets his letter. She does what any junior in high school would do - fake a relationship with another boy she had a crush on in middle school but now can't really stand. They make a contract since he's trying to make his ex-girlfriend jealous as well & they are off to convince the world they are now the 'hot couple' of their high school.
See, very YA... but totally lovable & sweet & a great book about family relationships, friendships & of course, how quickly things can turn when you have the emotions of a teenager.

View all my reviews

No comments: