Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Love that Split The World

The Love That Split the WorldThe Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure how to feel about this book.
On one hand, I was so into what was happening & NEEDING answers on what was happening with Natalie going from one world to the next & how Beau, the guy who mysteriously appears in a field one day, can also do the same thing. And why can people see them in each world but not the changes in the world around them.
Only Grandmother knows the answers... & WHO IS THIS GRANDMOTHER?
SO many questions. I was really into this - trying to figure it out. & while I did get part of it right, I was taken back by some of it... & just plain ole CONFUSED by the rest.
I'm not good with most sci-fi things. Its why I steer clear of them, but this was mixed in with the love story at heart & while I could appreciate it, it just left me saying "HUH?" through most of the explanation of the story - which is what I wanted to find out so desperately. Because of that, I had to give a middle ground rating.

View all my reviews

_______________________
Description of Book:

Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves. 

Natalie’s last summer in her small Kentucky hometown is off to a magical start... until she starts seeing the “wrong things.” They’re just momentary glimpses at first—her front door is red instead of its usual green, there’s a pre-school where the garden store should be. But then her whole town disappears for hours, fading away into rolling hills and grazing buffalo, and Nat knows something isn’t right.

That’s when she gets a visit from the kind but mysterious apparition she calls “Grandmother,” who tells her: “You have three months to save him.” The next night, under the stadium lights of the high school football field, she meets a beautiful boy named Beau, and it’s as if time just stops and nothing exists. Nothing, except Natalie and Beau.

Emily Henry’s stunning debut novel is Friday Night Lights meets The Time Traveler’s Wife, and perfectly captures those bittersweet months after high school, when we dream not only of the future, but of all the roads and paths we’ve left untaken.

No comments: