Friday, March 25, 2016

The Martian

The MartianThe Martian by Andy Weir
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Soooo... I know this book has been all the rage lately. & I'm late to the game.
Well, I'm glad I'm late to the game because this had to work for me differently. Normally, I love to read a book before a movie. This time I saw the movie before I read the book.
I'm so glad I did.
I'm not a good sci-fi reader. I'm clueless when it comes to all things science... so when the point of this book is to F** the S*** out of science - I am totally lost & confused.
Luckily, seeing the movie first, I knew what was going on in the story.
& that helped... but it also hurt. Because I knew what was going on & what was going to happen, I sort of skimmed over parts & just felt sort of blah about the story.
Of course, I love the parts where you get a little more depth in the mind of Watney ... but the more science explanations? I was like, Nope. Not for me.
So I give this just a basic average score. & am thankful that Matt Damon was the one who helped me through this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: