Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Running Dream

The Running DreamThe Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wish there was a half star... I'd give it 3.5

I really did like the book, but it was just an easy read with not a lot of depth to it. You can totally tell its a YA book in its simplicity, but I still totally enjoyed it.

The story of a girl, Jessica who was in an accident coming from a track meet with her school's running team. She wakes up to find she's lost her leg... & with it, her love of running.

With the help of her running team, & her best friend Fiona, they try to get a campaign going to raise money for a running prosthesis.

So we see Jessica's path from the hospital & when she wakes up to getting her leg fitted &learning to walk all over again. The way it changed the way she views the world & the new friends she makes along the way.

It really was a good, fast read - & if I didn't love running, I may not have given it that many stars, but I do love a good running story - especially how this one ended. I wasn't expecting the turn it took & it was very heart warming.

It really would be good for a middle school group to read this book. A story of never giving up, starting over again & dedication to friendships.

View all my reviews

No comments: