Monday, February 2, 2015

10% Happier

10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works by Dan Harris
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really am interested in mediation & the health benefits that it can give your mind & body...

For me, prayer can be a form of meditation. I guess what really turned me against this book is the fact that it seems to be really against Christianity.... I was very disappointed in the views of a belief system & how this is book strickly entails it as a Buddhism method.

More so, the book isnt really that much about meditation as it is Dan Harris's journey & almost biography with drugs, anxiety, & his path to meditation.... & he ultimately is a confessed athiest who believes in the practices of Buddhism as well. Again, to each his own, but when I read words from other mediation gurus that call God "the dead white guy", I'm sorry - I'm instantly sickened by the book & am done with it.

& the advice on actual meditation was just basically a 3 step process ... something I can find on Pinterest.

I did give it 2 stars only because I always do enjoy a biography of someone's life... thats the only reason it got anything.

Now, I'll search Google for real ideas on mediation :)

View all my reviews

No comments: