Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Hiding Place

The Hiding PlaceThe Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A much talked about book...

I was anxious to get around to it. It definitely feels like a book that you need to like. I will say, this isn't my style of book. I do enjoy a biography, though I don't like books that war-driven, or even books that make me so uncomfortable. Granted, I know this book is real life & sometimes we need to feel uncomfortable looking at history.

What I did love about the book is of course the attitude of the ten Boom family. The faith that they have in trying to hide people from horrible things, only to be put in the same position because of their actions. How Betsy kept her faith & her conviction even in the worst of times & treatment, always reminding her sister how powerful their God was & how they could tell others about Jesus in the misery that were experiencing... hope...

I think I could go through & 'like' every quote that is written from the book. Powerful words.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how to rate the book. I don't like it... I don't like the treatment of people during the Holocaust ... I don't like feeling that nauseated tingle in my stomach.... but I did love the wise words that were given - the encouragement I received that in the worst of times, you can hang onto the promises of God & reflect it to others. Giving hope that, as flowers, a time will come when things will bloom again.

View all my reviews

No comments: