Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Freeing Yourself from Anxiety

Freeing Yourself from Anxiety: 4 Simple Steps to Overcome Worry and Create the Life You WantFreeing Yourself from Anxiety: 4 Simple Steps to Overcome Worry and Create the Life You Want by Tamar E. Chansky
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Being someone who really is trying to get a hold on anxiety, I was anxious to get into this book.

I will say, it was more delightful & informative then I thought it would be... but of course, it did have those moments of complete boredom.

I did get some really good insight though.
* Don't change the thought - change the reaction.
* Just because worry took the wheel, it doesn't mean it knows the way.
* STAY IN THE PRESENT!! (This was huge for me)
* Opposite of 'negative thinking' isn't positive thinking - its POSSIBLE thinking.
* Just because I can vision something doesn't mean it will cause it to happen.
* BREATH - you're intentional breathing can be a sign of a new beginning with each breath.
* Fight ALL OR NOTHING thinking
* Facts Vs. Feelings
* Turn statements into question that are open to interpretation.

All of this really helped me as I waited for test results I was a nervous wreck about.

For that reason, I had to check that I liked this...

I'm not usually a 'self help' book reading person, but for this one, I'm glad I picked it up.

View all my reviews

No comments: